Patients near me in West Palm Beach ask, ‘Why get zirconia dental implants?’
We all want healthy, beautiful smiles. The parts of your mouth are designed to work as a unit. The loss of even a single tooth disrupts the natural balance. Tooth loss can cause the adjacent teeth to shift. Your smile changes. Bacteria and food particles build up in hard to reach areas. When tooth loss occurs, dental implants can be replacements that mimic a tooth root and stimulate the jawbone. Located in West Palm Beach, Dr. Kyle DeLuca, Dr. Elizabeth Keith, and the dental team at Pure Dental Care offer zirconia implants to replace missing teeth and to improve your quality of life.
The purpose of a dental implant
A dental implant is a small post made of biocompatible material. In a precise procedure, the implant is inserted in the jawbone in place of the missing tooth. The area is given time to heal so the bone can fuse to the implant. This creates the foundation of a sturdy, long-lasting dental restoration. A ceramic, metal-free crown or restoration can be placed to complete the process.
An implant topped with a ceramic crown appears and functions like a natural tooth. This sturdy restoration feels, acts, and withstands the pressure of a tooth. Eating and speaking can occur naturally. Aesthetically, your smile is restored. With proper oral hygiene and regular dental appointments, the dental implant can last a lifetime.
Implants are versatile. They are cost-effective permanent dental restorations. They may replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire arch of teeth. They keep the bone healthy and the teeth from shifting. Implants maintain your youthful appearance and keep the bone from eroding.
Biocompatible, safe zirconium implants
Our teeth have roots and crowns. The roots sit below the gumline. The crowns are visible. Dental implants are designed to mimic the natural structure of the tooth. The implant itself replaces and mimics the root. An abutment attaches to the implant and sits above the gums to secure a biocompatible restoration. For tooth replacement, our practice gives option of zirconium implants.
Made of a biocompatible ceramic material, zirconium implants are metal-free and safe for patients. The material allows the implants to be accepted by the body and to integrate into the jawbone. These implants do not irritate the gums or cause negative reactions. According to research,compared to metal implants, zirconium implants are easy to clean and do not accumulate the same amount of bacterial dental plaque which can lead to gum disease.
Aesthetically speaking, zirconium implants are made of ceramic, so they are white. This color closely resembles a natural tooth. For patients with thin or receding gums, if the implant shows through, the color would appear to be part of a natural tooth.
Why get zirconia implants?
Although dental implants are not typically the first course of action, they do have benefits over treatments such as root canals that can leave damaging bacteria in the mouth. The safety of zirconium implants makes them an option when dental implants are needed to replace missing teeth. Benefits of zirconium implants include:
- Biocompatible – The body accepts the implant naturally. The bone and gums integrate and heal easily around the ceramic material.
- Sustainable – These implants are long-lasting. Less plaque builds up on the restoration, reducing the risk of problems or disease.
- Aesthetic appeal – The white ceramic more closely resembles tooth enamel. Patients do not have to worry about unnatural gray shadows showing through the gums.
- Safe – Zirconium implants are metal-free, cannot conduct electricity, and do not interfere wiqth the body’s natural energies. They do not irritate the tissues of the mouth or cause negative side effects.
- Durable – Zirconium implants are sturdy and strong enough to withstand the functions of a natural tooth.
- Successful – These implants have a high success rate. With proper oral care, dental implants can last a lifetime and maintain the health of the jaw.
Dental implants may be a permanent tooth replacement option. The team at Pure Dental Care in West Palm Beach offers holistic, biocompatible care for patients interested in maintaining their oral health. Contact our office today to learn more about the advantages of zirconium implants. Call (855) 883-0355.
Back to Dental Implants Page