Dentist in Palm Beach Gardens reviews the advantages of placing a full denture or partial denture
Tooth loss. The concept of losing teeth is something that no one in the Palm Beach Gardens area really wants to think about. However, this problem needs to be corrected as soon as possible. Dr. Elizabeth Keith is a restorative dentist who can work with patients of all ages with tooth loss concerns. Teeth can be lost due to periodontal disease, tooth decay, failed root canal therapy, trauma, or extraction. Regardless of the reason that patients are missing one or more teeth, it is essential that they develop a plan to restore the function and aesthetics of their smiles for better oral health and wellness, and a more attractive appearance!
A dentist in our practice reviews the options available to patients who are missing teeth, including dental implants, dentures, and dental bridges. There is no “one size fits all” solution, so it is important for patients to work with a dental team in finding out which repair is best. Some patients may be seeking a permanent solution while others are focused on an economical treatment.
Patients who are missing an entire arch of teeth will find that bridges are not a viable option and dental implants can become too expensive. Instead, full cosmetic dentures may be suggested. These acrylic prosthetics are used to replace the teeth on the upper or lower jaw. This is the only method of treatment that can address all the missing teeth in an arch in an affordable manner. Patients who are missing just a few teeth within their smile may be able to achieve restoration with partial dentures. These dentures are made of metal framework and false teeth to slide into place wherever necessary.
There are many benefits to having full or partial dentures placed.
- Full and partial dentures are easily removed for cleaning, adjustments, and repair
- Full and partial dentures are the most economical method of replacing one or more teeth
- Full and partial dentures have been used for decades and continue to improve in fit, function, and appearance
- Full and partial dentures can be made to look just like the natural teeth
- Full and partial dentures are readily available for patients in all types of dental situations