At the practice of Dr. Elizabeth Keith, patients in and around the area of West Palm Beach, Florida can obtain a wide range of general dentistry treatments from our professionals who care about patients’ health and wellbeing. Our holistic practice focuses on improving the health and wellness of the smile as well as the body with biocompatible solutions. When focused on restoration of the teeth, we ensure everything performed is right for the body.
What is general dentistry?
General dentistry encompasses many preventive and restorative treatments. The first goal for our patients is to enjoy a smile free from pain, periodontal disease and cavities and is aesthetically pleasing. When patients visit us at least twice a year, they can enjoy cleanings and examinations that can detect problems early enough for effective intervention.
Common general dentistry procedures
There are many procedures that are common to the field of general dentistry. These include:
- Cleanings – at every recall appointment, patients have a thorough cleaning. Even with regular brushing and flossing, the teeth may still accumulate plaque and tartar in the hard to reach areas. Our team can effectively clean all areas of the smile.
- Digital X-rays – X-rays are used to detect problems that may be undetectable with the unassisted eye. X-rays may show cavities within a tooth or problems with the bone of the jaw or the tooth root.
- Examinations – a physical examination is one way for our team to check for cavities, disease, and oral cancer screening, and TMJ evaluation.
- Fillings – when cavities do develop, fillings will be required. Fillings repair the area and seal the tooth to prevent further damage.
- Sealants – this is a method where the deep grooves of the chewing teeth are sealed with a biocompatible composite material to prevent bacteria and food particles from sticking and causing cavities.
- Gum treatment – from preventative cleaning of teeth to indepth non surgical gum treatment with Ozone therapy. Surgical treatment if necessary is provided by out visiting periodontist.
- Extraction – the removal of tooth or teeth. We offer nitrous oxide to help calm those minds that need it.
- Bone Grafting – after tooth removal or in conjunction with implant treatment.