Keep your teeth healthy with general dental care in West Palm Beach, FL area practice
At Pure Dental Care, Dr. Elizabeth Keith provide quality dental solutions for new and existing patients. The practice is here to help with general dentistry, as well as restorative, cosmetic, and preventative dental solutions. If you are looking for a way to keep your teeth healthy with general dentistry, we encourage you to take the time to learn more about solutions for the smile!
What is general dentistry?
General dentistry encompasses the field of dentistry that focuses on prevention and repair. General dentistry treatments may include:
- Cleanings and examinations
- Dental x-rays
- Restorations such as crowns and bridges
- Fillings for cavities
- Treatment for periodontal disease
Why is general dentistry important?
General dentistry is the foundation for most dental care. When patients are proactive about their oral health, they will be able to catch problems early enough for successful intervention. This includes tooth decay and periodontal disease. With proper care, patients can enjoy a healthier, more beautiful smile for a lifetime!
How can I keep my teeth healthy?
Many patients visit with our team of professionals and have questions about their oral health. They may have questions about ways to keep their smile healthy and free from cavities and gum disease. Below are a few tips and solutions for patients to consider:
- Brush your teeth after every meal. When patients brush their teeth, they are removing food particles, sugars, and acids that can develop on the enamel and result in later problems. Brushing the teeth after every meal and snack is the best way to keep the smile healthy.
- Floss at least once a day. Many patients forget the importance of regular flossing. By flossing between the teeth at least once every day, patients can remove food particles that can contribute to decay and disease.
- Visit the dentist every six months. Routine dental examinations are crucial to oral health and wellness. The American Dental Association recommends that men, women, and children visit their primary dentist at least twice a year for a professional dental cleaning and a thorough evaluation.
- Get a proper diagnosis early. As soon as any problems arise, patients need to work with their dentist to address these issues. This includes cavities and periodontal disease. Both of these dental problems can result in severe damage to the smile, as well as expensive restorative services. As soon as patients notice any changes to their smile that is of concern, including bleeding, pain, or injury, they need to visit their dentist as soon as possible for diagnosis and treatment.
- Don’t wait for problems to get worse. Most dental issues can be addressed and treated in the earlier stages. The longer a patient waits to be seen by a dentist for their dental concerns, the more likely the damage has become extensive and costly to fix. Instead, patients should visit their dentist routinely for evaluations while making an appointment as soon as any concerns arise.
- Take care of the teeth. Breakage of the teeth can occur when patients participate in harmful activities. This includes using the teeth as scissors to open packages or chewing ice cubes. These can break and damage the natural tooth structures and can cause problems that require dental assistance to resolve.
- Consider treatment to improve oral health. Patients who have crooked teeth may want to seriously consider the benefits of orthodontia, which can have added benefits to one’s health. When teeth are straight, there are fewer areas for food particles to become stuck. Better aligned teeth have several benefits for patients, so speaking to a professional about addressing poor bite alignment and misalignment of the teeth is essential.
- Avoid over-the-counter whitening kits. While many patients want a brighter, more beautiful smile, whitening kits available over the counter at the local drugstore can be damaging to the teeth. They can cause extra sensitivity and can burn the soft tissues of the mouth if misused. Patients seeking a brighter smile are encouraged to speak to their dentist about in-office options.
Schedule your appointment today!
If you reside in the area of West Palm Beach, FL, and are considering a new dental practice, we welcome you to visit with our team of professionals. Dr. Elizabeth Keith has committed their days to help others achieve and maintain their oral health and wellness for many years. Keep your teeth healthy with general dentistry at Pure Dental Care by calling (855) 883-0355 for your first appointment.